News & Events
Produce & Menu
A new season brings a new menu, and for the team at Sarti, that's exactly what we have planned for you! The first stage of our much anticipated new menu has been released, with final dishes being announced in the following weeks. To give you an idea on what Chef Paolo has been working so hard on in the kitchen, new seasonal dishes include:
- CRACKERS DI MAIALE - Pork crackling, pan seared red mullet, finger lime dressing
- ZUCCHINE GRIGLIATE - Grilled zucchini, yogurt, mint, pistachio crumble, garlic paper
- QUAGLIA RIPIENA - Roasted quail filled with homemade sausage, fregola, fig, vincotto
- RAVIOLI DEL PLIN - Porcini mushroom filled pasta, seared lamb fillet, field mushroom, liquorice, hazelnut
- SCIALATIELLI CON GALLINELLA - Basil pasta, Red Garnet, asparagus, grey mullet bottarga
- RISOTTO ALLA ZUCCA - Burnt pumpkin risotto, goats cheese, pumpkin seeds
- IL PESCE - Pan seared John Dory, fennel, green tomato & black tapioca crackling
- ANATRA - Whole duck roasted two ways, orange, sage & pearl barley
As the nights begin to cool down, fill your homes with the wonderful smell of roasted veggies (we're talking sweet potato, pumpkin, zucchini, mushroom & shallots!). Or for the fruit lovers out there, kiwi & pomegranate are now in season. For those last few warm days left, pomegranate is fantastic frozen as a refreshing treat.
Candied Almonds & Hazelnuts!
Combine over medium heat 50gm of white sugar & 1tbsp of water in a saucepan stirring just until the sugar is dissolved. Once dissolved, bring to a boil without disturbing. Remove from heat & add 1 cup of almonds & 1 cup of hazelnuts (not blanched), stirring until evenly coated.
Pour onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper and spread evenly. Sprinkle with fleur de sel (flaky sea salt). Bake at 150 degrees celsius for 20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes.
This is a quick and easy recipe that can be enjoyed as a snack or added to any main dish for a sweet yet salty crunch!